Friday, August 17, 2018

Chapter 61 - Spirit Code and Spirit Root

T/N: Happy Friday everyone, here's a bonus chapter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ye Wen Tian closed his eyes, seemingly lost in memories. He then told his story:

- Long ago I took a mission to infiltrate the cave of an ancient cultivator. After a bitter struggle with the other great powers, I was lucky enough to bring back 3 treasures. They were: a treasured sword, a painting and a skill manual.

- According to the rules of the Dark Society, I turned in the the sword and the painting and kept the skill manual. Since the value of the 2 treasures were very high and my cultivation was already late Foundation Establishment coupled with all my contributions, I was promote to Elder.

- But as you know, to become an Elder one must have at least an early Golden Core cultivation and there were even mid Golden Core cultivators. My cultivation was sorely lacking so I received a lot of mockery from the other Elder.

- Of course I couldn't take such a thing but with my innate talent, breaking through to Golden Core was a very difficult thing. In that moment I remembered the skill manual that I just received, it was called the Spirit Code.

- Spirit Code, as the name implied, was a very special technique that could upgrade the quality of a spirit root but it was very dangerous. If the process failed, not only would your spirit root be destroyed and your cultivation crippled but your life would be in danger. I had agonized over this over and over but in the end I chose to cultivate it.

- The cultivation went well for a time but in the final step - Spirit Ascension, I failed. My spirit root shattered, my cultivation crippled and my life hung by a thread.

- Ling-er learned of this and tried to find any ways to save me. Finally she learned through the Spirit Code a method called Spirit Transference. It would transfer a spirit root from one person to another. Ye Ling used this to make up for my deficiencies.

- I was comatose at the time and didn't know a thing. She successfully performed the Spirit Transference. With it, I was lucky enough to break through to Golden Core. Not only that, I inherited her superior spirit root and my cultivation speed soared. However Ling-er lost her Spirit Root and her cultivation wasted away and over time disappeared completely. She could no longer cultivate.

- This was my greatest regret, if I had to choose again, I would have never cultivated the Spirit Code.

Yang Tian was now deep in thought. Such a miraculous skill, not to mention the Cultivation World, even in Spirit World it would still be extremely rare. Could it be that the cave was left behind by that guy?

Yang Tian was sure that the cave was left behind by that supreme cultivator that cleaved the Cultivation World. He could think of no other explanation. The question is that why did that guy leave behind a cave like that after he left?

Since he couldn't find an answer, he stopped thinking about it. He also had no solution to Ling-er's situation. Extracting his spirit root to return to her would be akin to killing Ye Wen Tian. Even if he wanted to do it, she wouldn't be willing.

At this moment, Ye Wen Tian mentioning the Spirit Code gave Yang Tian an idea. If the Spirit Code could transfer spirit root from one person to another the he only needed to go the Spirit World or even the Immortal World and find some geniuses to extract their spirit root. At that point, wouldn't Qin Xue and the others have the opportunity to cultivate?

As he thought of that, Yang Tian asked Ye Wen Tian:

- I'm very interested with this Spirit Code, do you mind giving it to me?

Ye Wen Tian was surprised, he didn't think that Yang Tian would request that.

- I could but I caution you against cultivating it. The Spirit Code is powerful but the accompanying danger is too great. There had been no one that have successfully finish the Spirit Ascension process. It could be considered a "chicken tendon" skill manual.

Yang Tian shook his head, it was true that if a fool was sitting on top of spirit medicine, he would still die from illness. Someone people were just sitting on treasures and didn't know it.

- I just want to study it a bit. Who knows, I might find a cure for Ling-er.

Ye Wen Tian quickly replied:

- Can it really cure her?

- I can't say for sure.

Ye Wen Tian looked dejected but still produced the Spirit Code for Yang Tian. He didn't have much hope on Yang Tian finding a cure. He had been bringing Ye Ling to the Dark Society headquarter annually to find but a cure to no avail, so how could Yang Tian do it.

With the Spirit Code in his hand, Yang Tian smiled. With this everything will be much simpler. He wanted his women to stay with him forever so of course he had to make them cultivate. However the other methods that he had were too troublesome. But now it wasn't an issue anymore. He looked at Ye Wen Tian:

- When do we head to the headquarter?

- As soon as possible, I'll go back and make preparations. We can leave tonight.

Yang Tian nodded, the sooner they took off, the sooner they'll be back. He had a date with Mu Wu Han this weekend. He also had to go to the capital to handle Hua Shi Yin's business. Beauties were great but they are always attached to troubles. However these were troubles that Yang Tian would willingly get into.

Saying his goodbye to Ye Wen Tian, Yang Tian called Qin Xue to invite her to lunch:

- Qin Xue, are you free later, I want to take you out for lunch.

Getting an invitation from Yang TIan made Qin Xue very happy. However she remembered her appointment with Wang Bao and felt awkward:

- I have a prior appointment with Wang Bao.

Yang Tian heard this and was very annoyed. He didn't understood this feeling very well but in a split second he wanted to kill Wang Bao. However Yang Tian had quickly regained his composure and smiled:

- Another time then, I won't bother you guys further.

Qin Xue also heard Yang Tian's annoyance and was afraid that he'd misunderstood so she quickly explained:

- Brother Wang Bao will be returning abroad today so I wanted to have a meal to say goodbye. You can also come with us.

- That's a bit inconvenient.

- It's fine, I'll tell brother Wang Bao about this.

- Alright, let's do that then. I'll come pick you up at school right away.

Turning off his phone, Yang Tian was very happy. Qin Xue's reaction indicated that she cared a lot about Yang Tian which is why she invited him. Under normal circumstances, who would invite a third wheel to a date just to get in the way.

Yang Tian looked at the time and it was 30 minutes before class ended so he went to a cafe opposite of the school to wait for her. After a while, a very luxurious car stopped by and Wang Bao stepped out of it. He also entered the cafe and while he was surprised to see Yang Tian, he still sat down and smiled:

- I'm surprised to see you here.

Yang Tian smiled:

- It's not much of a surprise, I was also invited by Xue-er for a meal.

Yang Tian had a very thick skin so he said that Qin Xue was the one inviting him. Wang Bao's face changed a bit:

- It seems that Xue-er invite you here to see me off. She must be afraid that I'd get bored.

Yang Tian feigned surprise:

- You have to leave? That's a shame, I had plans to invite you to our engagement party. After all you are her childhood friend, she'll be very disappointed if you are not there.

- What did you say?

- It couldn't be that you don't know. Did she not tell you? That's a shame, she must by shy about these things.

Wang Bao regained his composure and looked at Yang Tian with disdain:

- You think you can fool me with just those words?

Yang Tian knew that this person wouldn't be so easily fooled so he took out his phone and dialed Qin Zheng's number and gave it to him:

- If you don't believe me, you can as her father yourself.

Wang Bao took the phone from Yang Tian and couldn't help but be alarmed. Could what he said be true?


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this chapter!😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. @translator
    Will another true immortal appear??? As mentioned in the previous chap there are 10 TIs including YT..... I cant help but think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not spoiling anything but you'll know soon enough.

      Delete

Womanizing True Immortal

Information Title: Phong Lưu Chân Tiên Author: Saya Yuki Chapters: 1004 (Ongoing) Raws: http://truyencv.co...