Saturday, August 18, 2018

Chapter 62 - Venomancer

Qin Zheng was at an important meeting at the moment so when his phone rang he was very annoyed. Seeing Yang Tian's number popped up, Qin Zheng frowned. If that guy was calling him then it was probably nothing good.

- Yang Tian, what did you call me for?

Wang Bao had a bit of worry in his voice:

- Uncle Qin, it's me, Wang Bao.

Qin Zheng was startled:

- Wang Bao, how did you get Yang Tian's phone.

- He gave it to me to ask you something.

- What is it?

Wang Bao took a deep breath and said:

- He said that you have approved his and Qin Zheng's engagement and it would be held soon. Is that true?

Qin Zheng was taken aback, he had never even heard of this let alone giving his consent. He was about to deny it until he remembered the patriarch told him:

- You must pair Qin Xue and Yang Tian together at any cost.

Qin Zheng didn't fully understand Yang Tian's personality but he felt that Yang Tian wasn't a bad person. Plus he had a frightening background so if he truly liked Xue-er then it would be the best of both worlds. After thinking deeply, Qin Zheng responded:

- That's right, I have approved of this engagement. We have also settled on an engagement date. You should come if you have the time. After all you are Xue-er's childhood friend. She'll be very happy if you are there.

Hearing only beeping sound from the other side, Qin Zheng sighed. He witnessed these two growing up so how could he not know that Wang Bao liked Qin Xue. But if one compared Wang Bao with Yang Tian, it was obvious who was superior. More important is that the person Qin Xue liked was Yang Tian and not Wang Bao.

Yang Tian saw that Wang Bao dropped the phone on the ground and smiled. It seemed that Qin Zheng was cooperating with him nicely. He feigned concern:

- What's the matter, are you feeling unwell? If so you really should go home and rest. I'll tell Qin Xue afterwards.

Wang Bao's eyes were spitting fire as he looked at Yang Tian:

- Yang Tian, I don't know how you convinced uncle Qin of this engagement but I advise you to drop any intention with Qin Xue. You are not worthy of her.

Yang Tian chuckled:

- If I'm not worthy then you are?

- In this world only I can be her man.

- If I disagree?

Wang Bao's face was full of killing intent and he said grimly:

- Then I'll make you regret being born in this world.

Yang Tian clapped his hands and praised Wang Bao:

- A very strong killing intent indeed. It seemed that you've killed a lot of people. I'm truly curious to what you've learned abroad all these years.

- You'll know soon enough.

As soon as he said that, a small shadow shot out from Wang Bao's palm and headed directly for Yang Tian. His smile froze and looked at Wang Bao with dismay:

- What did you do to me?

Wang Bao smiled and once again sat down opposite of Yang Tian. He was slowly stirring his cup of coffee:

- It's nothing much, just a type of Gu1. It'll sleep within your body and would wake up each month to feast on your innards. Without my antidote, you won't live past 3 months.

- What do you want to do?

- I'll say this once, be a good boy and go to the Qin Clan and cancel your engagement with Xue-er. Then I'll consider letting you be my subordinate.

Yang Tian looked solemnly:

- You think I can't deal with this.

- You can try. However I must warn you that you wake it up then I won't be responsible for the consequences.

Shaking his head, Yang Tian put his arm forward and opened up his hand. Inside his palm was a strange looking creature that was clearly dead:

- Trying to deal with me with just this trash? Are you trying to underestimate me?

Wang Bao looked at Yang Tian with dismay:

- Impossible, this Gu was created for me especially by my master. It's ranked 83 on the Gu list. How could you so easily blocked it, unless...

Yang Tian simple said:

- It seems that your master is a Venomancer. It's a shame that his level isn't that high. I'll tell you right now that while this
Gu wasn't that bad, it's still hasn't mature yet.

Wang Bao's mood was in a mess:

- How could you possibly know that much?

- A long time ago I had an enemy. His Gu art compared to your is like heaven and earth. After I killed him I spent some time researching some of his manual.

Sipping some coffee, Yang Tian continued:

- The thing inside your body must be the Grand Force Gu but it's still immature. I'd only need to use one finger and you'll die hundreds of thousands deaths. But since you are Xue-er's friend, I'll spare you this time.

As he said that, Yang Tian moved his hand and Wang Bao's arm immediately swelled up. Something that was covered in blood tore through the skin and flew toward Yang Tian. After a flash a light, that thing disappeared as if it never appeared in the first place.

- Think of this as teaching you a lesson. The world is filled with people that you can't provoke.

Wang Bao's face paled, it seemed that he was injured. Gu was divided into different type, there were those that are used to harm other people and those that would strengthened yourself. Not only that every Venomacer had a life-bound Gu. As it grows, the power of the Venomancer would rise with it.

The Grand Force Gu was the life-bound Gu of Wang Bao. As it was extracted, not only did Wang Bao's power completely disappeared, he was severely injured. He looked at Yang Tian hatefully:

- I won't forget this today, I'll pay back this debt in full.

- You're not afraid that I'll kill you right now?

- You dare?

- You think I don't dare?

Yang Tian eyes stared directy at Wang Bao. In that moment, Wang Bao felt that he was facing an extremely frightening monster. With just a single breath, this monster would be able to destroy him body and soul.

Yang Tian came up and pat Wang Bao on the should, awakening him in the process:

- You shouldn't doubt me. Since I said that won't kill you then I won't kill you. You can now scram.

Without saying another word, Wang Bao rushed outside. This person was too frightening, he didn't dare stay for another moment.

Yang Tian looked at Wang Bao, his mouth curled up mockingly:

- He couldn't even take a bit of illusion yet he wanted to take my woman.

He stirred his coffee evenly and took a sip. Yang Tian continued to wait for Qin Xue. Qin Xue very quickly exited the class. She saw Yang Tian and happily approached and sat opposite of him:

- Yang Tian, you sure came early.

- Not really, I just got here.

Qin Xue looked at the time and said softly:

- How come brother Wang Bao is still not here?

Yang Tian heard that and said:

- Oh right, Wang Bao showed up earlier but he quickly left after receiving a call. He asked me to tell you that he had important matters to attend to and took a rain-check on the meal.

Qin Xue had a suspicious look, Wang Bao had never cancelled on her:

- Is that so?

Yang Tian had a stern face:

- If you don't believe me, you can call him.

Qin Xue saw that Yang Tian was unhappy and quickly said:

- No need, of course I trust you.

Yang Tian felt really good inside. It seemed that he occupied an important place in her heart. Should he seized this chance to confess?

After thinking about it, Yang Tian scrapped the idea. Didn't they say that women like romances, he would find another chance, there was no need to rush.

Seeing Yang Tian silence, Qin Xue asked:

- Are you ok?

- I'm fine, it's not early anymore, let's go have lunch.

As he said that, he took Qin Xue's hand and led her outside. Qin Xue's face was a bit red but she didn't resist him and let him pull her along. In the distance there was a woman holding up a newspaper. If Yang Tian saw her then he would recognized that it was the female assassin from before.

-------------------------------------------
1. If you don't know what Gu is, it's an ancient Chinese poison art originated from Nanyue which contained part of northern Vietnam. More on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu_(poison)


3 comments:

Womanizing True Immortal

Information Title: Phong Lưu Chân Tiên Author: Saya Yuki Chapters: 1004 (Ongoing) Raws: http://truyencv.co...