Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Chapter 20 - The Hero's Performance

Feeling Ye Ling's hands tightening around his neck, Yang Tian thought:

- Is this girl trying to squeeze me to death?

Yang Tian opened the compartment door then used his spiritual sense to examined the wheel and get his bearing. After that he immediately climbed down. One step after another until a person spotted him and yelled:

- Look, someone is trying to climb down.

- Isn't it only a temporary break down? Why take such a risk?

- I know him, he's the one the won the climbing game, is he trying to show off once again?

All sorts of sound of ringing out, the park management had to repeat their warning about stepping away from the Ferris wheel. Yang Tian slowly made his way down. It's not that he didn't want to be fast but there were too many people watching so he didn't want to show off too much. After all, the height of the wheel is many times that of the wall.

5 minutes after Yang Tian started climbing down, the police arrived. Seeing so many people gathering here, they  yelled through loud speaker:

- Everyone, please move away from the Ferris wheel, there's an active bomb threat in the area.

Hearing the warnings and seeing the police bringing in what looked to be bomb disposal equipment, the crowd immediately dispersed. The police then erected a barrier to keep people at a safe distance then they examined the wheel. They were taken aback when they saw Yang Tian climbing down. They didn't notice him before because they were busy dispersing the crowd and the wheel was very tall so Yang Tian looked like a small dot so unless they focused, they wouldn't be able to see him.
Someone asked another in the crowd:

- Why is he climbing down? Doesn't he know it's very dangerous?

- I have no idea myself.

Looking up at the wheel, people prayed that Yang Tian didn't fall down before the rescue team got to him. Observing from afar, the two men who were following Ye Ling were immensely worried:

- How should we handle this situation?

- If you ask me, who do I ask? We are only Qi Refining cultivators and can't fly. Even if we can, there are too many people watching.

- But if he can't hold on and fall then the young miss will be in danger.

- I almost forgot, the leader came with the young mistress this time. I'll call him immediately.

He then immediately dialed a number and the was an answer on the other side:

- What's the problem?

- Boss, the young miss is in danger.

- What? Didn't I say not to take your eyes off her? Where is she now.

- Boss, we can't be blamed for this.

He then summarized the situation then heard the response:

- I'll be there immediately. Whatever happens, don't let Ye Ling be harmed. If not, you are going to have to bear the consequences.

Hanging up the phone, the two was at a lost, what can the two of them do in this situation. With that height, only a Foundation Establishment cultivator could fly up. They can only prayed that Yang Tian wouldn't fall.

Yang Tian didn't know any of the happenings down below. He accelerated through the route that he had determined. With his calculation, it would only take 10 minutes until he was down. After half way down he heard a voice:

- Little guy, hand me Ye Ling.

Yang Tian turned around and saw an early Golden Core expert with Body Concealment technique next to him. Before he could say anything, Ye Ling yelled:

- Dad, I knew you would come, quickly bring me and Yang Tian down.

He smiled and looked at Ye Ling:

- I knew you would get into trouble when I let you go out. Yang Tian?

The man was taken aback, this name sounded very familiar. When Gao Nan returned from his mission the last time, he nominated Yang Tian to him as a potential recruit. This time he was also here to meet with this so called genius from Gao Nan's words. Using his spiritual sense to examined Yang Tian, father Ye couldn't sense an ounce of spiritual qi from him. Was it a different person? No, he looked exactly like the picture and his name and age was a match. It seemed that he had practice a very advance Qi Concealing technique.

Father Ye didn't know that once you reached a certain cultivation level. Unless that person deliberately flaunt his strength, lower level cultivators basically can't sense anything from them.
Seeing that father Ye was calling his name and taken aback, Yang Tian was a bit surprised:

- You know me?

- That's a matter for later. Since us cultivators can't reveal ourselves, I'll be going first. Since you are here, I can be at ease.

After that he immediately flew away. Yang Tian was confused: "How did he know who I am, I've only just met his daughter today". Thinking that they'll meet again, Yang Tian ignored him and continue climbing down. Ye Ling looked at Yang Tian suspiciously and asked him:

- You are a Cultivator?

- You know of Cultivators?

Ye Ling looked defeated:

- Of course, I could even cultivate before. It's just that...

Yang Tian was confused:

- It seems that you are not worried that I'm a Cultivator.

- I've been in contact with a lot of Cultivators since I was young. Not only that, my dad also entrusted me to you so what do I have to worry about?

After uttering the words "entrusted me to you", Ye Ling immediately saw how it could be misunderstood and flailed her hands:

- Not like that, I meant...

As soon as she took her hands off, Ye Ling immediately fell behind. Yang Tian quickly used a magic spell to hold on to her since he had nothing to hide.

- No need to get so excited, I know that you didn't mean it like that. But was it so bad to let me misunderstood?

Ye Ling blushed profusely:

- I'm not. I...

Yang Tian quickly said:

- Alright, I'm just messing with you. We are still high up so let's talk later.

Ye Ling felt a bit lost: "What's wrong with me. How could I have said something so careless".
Yang Tian focused on climbing faster. As he neared the ground, the crowd cheered:

- Come one, you are almost there.

- Little friend, we believe in you.

- As long as you get down, you will be my idol from now on.

Yang Tian didn't think that he would get this much fanfare. He might get on the paper tomorrow which would be a hassle. Wouldn't that make anyone that wanted to find him easier. Yang Tian wondered as he finally touched the ground.

The police captain wiped the sweat off his brows. It's lucky that he succeeded since the truck with the equipment was stuck in traffic. He was afraid Yang Tian would fall before it got here. He was angry as he approached Yang Tian:

- How can you be so reckless. Did you know...

Yang Tian cut him off:

- I think you should be more worried about saving the other people. I guess it's about time.

As Yang Tian reminded him, the police captain's face became distraught. He was only worried that Yang Tian would fall and forgot about the bomb. Yang Tian then dragged Ye Ling to a less crowded place and ran. He saw a lot of reporters out there and he didn't want to be on the news. He wasn't even worried about the bomb since father Ye had "conveniently" took it with him.

Ye Ling's heart pounded and thought:

- What's wrong with me, he took my hands twice before and I never felt like this.


5 comments:

Womanizing True Immortal

Information Title: Phong Lưu Chân Tiên Author: Saya Yuki Chapters: 1004 (Ongoing) Raws: http://truyencv.co...