Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Chapter 101 - Conspiracy

T/N: Funny story. I opened up this chapter to upload it today and saw that it wasn't finished. I swore to god that I had already finished this so I thought I must've forgotten to save it and cursed myself. Luckily I double checked on chapter 100. Turns out my dumbass accidentally put the rest of this chapter inside chapter 100.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women are strange creature, the always wanted to ask meaningless questions. As a man in this situation, as long as one isn't too stupid, there was only one answer. Of course Yang Tian wasn't an idiot, at least not in this situation.

- I will definitely protect you at all cost.

- Is that so?

- If I, Yang Tian can say it then I'll definitely be able to fulfill it.

Hearing Yang Tian say that, although she didn't know if he was telling the truth, Ting Ting still felt happy. With her mood improved, Ting Ting suddenly remembered something and asked Yang Tian:

- Yang Tian, you must tell me. How did you know her corpse was there?

Yang Tian already knew that she was going to ask him that and he had prepared his answer.

- She told me.

- You mean the young woman.

- That's right. I have a special ability that lets me communicate with spirits. When the boat came to the middle of the river, I communed with her. She asked me to dig up her corpse and give her a proper burial.

Ting Ting's eyes immediately brightened:

- Wow, that's like having a superpower. Yang Tian, I'm beginning to like you more and more. You're good looking, rich and now have superpowers. You are actually great.

Yang Tian, who was directly praised by Yang TIan, was at a lost for word. This was the first time he met a woman that was this direct.

Seeing Yang Tian not answering, Ting Ting continued:

- What's wrong? Usually it's the guy that have to be active. I've already done your part, are you still not able to response?

Hearing Ting Ting said that, Yang Tian immediately snapped out of his stupor. That's right, he was a man. Hearing the confession from a woman and not replying is such an embarrassment.

- It's not like that. It's just that I was so elated that I forgot to respond.

Ting Ting slightly blushed and looked at Yang Tian bashfully:

- So you agree?

- Of course. A great beauty like you confessing to me, how could I say no.

Ting Ting was very happy that she got praised by Yang Tian. Leaving the restaurant, Ting Ting grabbed his arm and walked close to him. Yang Tian's body stiffened for a moment but he quickly loosened it. After all, this was the first time he had a girlfriend so being a bit unnatural was to be expected.

The two went to see different sites and landmarks. Some of those place were exclusively for couples. After a while, Yang Tian and Ting Ting went into a shop to buy some supplies for a picnic and headed to a famous park.

After picking a wide open area, Yang Tian and Ting Ting laid out the picnic blanket and set up some food. Afterwards they feasted and enjoyed the surround scenery. Yang Tian then turned to asked Ting Ting:

- Do you normally go to these types of places with your friends?

- That's...

- What's wrong, if you don't feel comfortable answering then I won't force you.

- No, no, it's just that...

Ting Ting frowned as if she was trying to remember something but can't. Her face paled a bit as she looked at Yang Tian:

- I'm not too sure. In my memory, I've been to all of these places before. However I can't remember if I went alone or with friends. Actually I'm not sure if I have any friends.

This time it was Yang Tian's turn to frown. This was very strange indeed. Ting Ting was in her twenties, there's no way that she wouldn't have any friends.

- Did your parents ever mention anything about you having amnesia? Do you remember anything from your childhood?

Ting Ting tried to remember all of that but she failed at every turn, She shook her head:

- I don't..

Yang Tian sighed, maybe she did lose her memory at some point. Yang Tian had no clue how to solve this. His medical arts was terrible. It could be said that he knew next to nothing. If she had any injuries or wounds then he could easily treat her. However Yang Tian had already checked and she had no wounds whatsoever on her body.

- No need to worry, we can ask your parents about this later.

Ting Ting could only nod. Yang Tian saw that she had lost any interest in the outing so they only sat for a bit before leaving.

When they arrived back at Ting Ting's house, it was already late afternoon. Her parents were still at work. The two took turns in the shower before retiring to their individual room.

Lying on the bed, Yang Tian began to think back on how he met Ting Ting. He felt that there were many odd detail in it. First of all, if her kidnappers actually wanted to kidnap her then how could they be so careless as to let her wake up before the plane landed. What if someone found out? Ting Ting said that she was immediately kidnapped as she got off the plane so the kidnappers had clearly planned this in advance. How could they make such rookie mistake?

The second thing was Ting Ting's parents. As soon as he got into this apartment, Yang Tian had a strange feeling. Although he couldn't quite tell what it was, he was sure that this place had problems.

The third thing was Ting Ting's reaction just now. She didn't remember her past clearly yet she never showed signs of doubt and confusion before he asked her. Why did this never came up? Did her parents not want to explain the situation to her?

The fourth and final thing was that although Yang Tian did save her life. He was also very excellent in that he was handsome, rich and talented. So her liking him wasn't something strange. However Yang Tian had a feeling that she was deeply in love with him. It'd like they've been a couple for a very long time. They've only known each other for two days so this wasn't possible.

After thinking it through, Yang Tian reached an uncomfortable conclusion. Him meeting Ting Ting and staying at her place was a set up by someone else. So what he had with Ting Ting the past few days was just a lie.

In the past, there have been many people that had plotted against him. After he was done with them, not even their bones remained. However the Yang Tian now wasn't like before. He couldn't bring himself to kill her.

After a long sigh, Yang Tian opened the window and looked at the starry sky:

- Since it was like that, I play along and act out this interesting play. I hope that you truly love me, even if it was just a little. That way I would have a reason to spare your life.

After a while, Ting Ting's parents finally came home. When dinner was served, Ting Ting knocked on Yang Tian's door:

- Yang Tian, dinner is ready.

- Coming.

He followed Ting Ting and sat at the table. The three acted normally and at this point, Ting TIng turned to parents:

- Mom, dad, I have something I want to ask you.

- What is it?

- I went out with Yang Tian today and I suddenly realized that I have no memory of my childhood. I also don't remember any of my friends. What's going on?

Ting Ting's parents' face changed a bit and after a few moment of solemn, said:

- We wanted to tell you this in time. A year ago you were in a terrible traffic accident. Although it wasn't fatal, you lost all your memories. That is why we moved here to better treat you. However there was no improvement so we had to give up in the end.

- Ok so does that mean I've forgotten all my friends and acquaintances from before?

The two nodded and Ting TIng's mother took her into her embrace. Yang Tian was sitting there, silently observing this play. He had an urge to used his secret arts to see which part they lied about and which part was the truth. However after the incident with Hua Shi Yin, Yang Tian decided not to use it anymore. He was a man of his words after all. If he said he wouldn't use it then he would definitely not use it.

Yang Tian waited until Ting Ting calmed down and tried to console her:

- Don't be like that. Forgetting everything isn't necessary a bad thing. You still have your parents and now you have me.

Ting Ting heard Yang Tian said that and felt better somewhat. After the meal everyone seemed uncomfortable and didn't say another word. They cleaned up the dishes and went back to their room.
Ting Ting's parents returned to their room and sealed the door:

- That was really dangerous. How could we forget something so important?

- It's just for a couple of days. I didn't think they would discover this so quickly.

Yang Tian returned to his room and lied on they bed. He wasn't in the mood to play games today. After some random thoughts, Yang Tian drifted into slumber. Suddenly he heard a quiet footstep and he smirked:

- Are they ready to act?


6 comments:

  1. I think that he should continue to use the ability to see if people are lying or not, but only on people he is unsure about.
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you on that especially when your like him who has not interacted with people in a long time

      Delete
  2. 😘 thanks for this good novel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men the suspense is killing me.
    Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Womanizing True Immortal

Information Title: Phong Lưu Chân Tiên Author: Saya Yuki Chapters: 1004 (Ongoing) Raws: http://truyencv.co...